Hair is the most vital beauty asset possessed by an individual. It can be dressed in a number of ways to enhance your look. If you are looking to prep up your mane and get an instant make over, the best way to do this is by coloring your tresses. There are various types of hair colors that can be used to spice up you look such as permanent, semi-permanent and temporary hair colors. If you want to color your locks for an evening out with friends or wish to turn heads at a party, you can color your hair in vibrant hues of red, orange, pink or green and make a bold fashion statement.
Temporary hair color and the art of wearing it:
Hair coloring is the art of changing the natural color of your tresses in order to enhance your looks. With the right choice of color you can transform your looks in just a few minutes. Temporary hair color is ideal for those wishing to color their tresses for a particular occasion or don’t want to go in for permanent hair color. It is available in the form of gels, sprays, shampoos, liquid color, rinses etc. and is rather convenient to use. This type of hair color is used to give brighter, more vibrant shades or colors such as orange, red, pink, blue, green, yellow etc. This type of look is difficult to achieve with permanent or semi-permanent hair colors owing to the fact that temporary color does not penetrate into penetrate the hair shaft and can be removed after a single wash.
The pigment molecules in temporary hair color are large and therefore, do not penetrate the cuticle layer. This allows a coat for form on the shaft which can easily be removed by a single shampooing session.
Temporary hair colors use innovative technology to give you the fine coverage and control. They are easy to apply and can be used along with styling gels, mousse and hair sprays. Once the color settles down, you can also brush and style your hair to get the desired look. You can also experiment with blonde and red streaks and highlight your hair to enhance your features and personality.
Benefits of Temporary Hair color:
- With this type of hair color you can change your look, color as well as style as and when you want.
- It is easy to use and can be taken off after a single shampoo.
- It can be used with other styling products such as gels, mousse, hair sprays, liquid serums etc.
- It is easy to apply and does not flake or rub off as it bonds to the hair gently.
- It does not contain any harsh chemicals such a ammonia or hydrogen peroxide.
How to apply it:
- Comb your hair to get rid of any tangles.
- Depending on how you want to dress your tresses, you must part your hair and lift it up in sections.
- Make sure that your hair is absolutely dry.
- Apply the color working your way from the roots to the tips in long strokes.
- Wait for the color to dry.
- You need to wait between coloring streaks in order to get a neat effect.
How to take it off?
Comb your hair thoroughly and shampoo it. Rinse and repeat as required. If your have bleached or chemically treated hair, it might take 3 to 4 washes for you to remove the color completely.
Tips for selecting the appropriate hair color:
Playing up your locks with hair color can be fun. But it is important for you to keep a few things in mind prior to coloring your hair in order to get the desired look.
- Make sure that the hair color you select complements your skin tone. Light skinned individuals should opt for lighter tones.
- Individuals with a dark complexion look great in hues of chestnut, blonde, honey, hazelnut etc.
- You can always ask a friend to assist you if you are coloring your tresses for the first time.
- Almost all hair types and colors are suitable for red hair color. It enables you to make a bold style statement.
- You can mix and match your hair streaks while donning temporary hair color but make sure that you blend them well and color each section separately.
Temporary hair color is the easiest and the safest way to spice up your tresses. The right look can help you attract attention and make you stand out in the crowd.