Your hairstyle can make a world of difference to the way you look and feel. The ancient technique of braiding seems to have been invented in ancient Africa and still remains a popular hair styling technique. There are various types of braids ranging from three stranded braids to twelve stranded braids and so on. Braids tend to look good on almost everyone and with regular practice you can learn how to do them in about ten to fifteen minutes.
The more the number of strands the more difficult is the braid to do. However, you can sport different types of braids on different occasions and steal the show. People with medium to long tresses look great in braids. To make a braid you need a certain level of expertise which comes with regular practice. Braids are also known as pleats and are great for al weather conditions.
Band braids are specific braids that can be created by styling a ponytail. They look great on women with long hair that is uniformly cut. The things you will need to make this braid include shampoo, brush, covered band, wax and pins.
Steps for making the band braid:
- Start by combing your hair to get rid of any tangles, snarls and knots.
- Brush the hair backwards into a neat, low ponytail parting a small strand for braiding.
- Secure this strand in place with the help of a covered band smooth it with the help of a little styling wax.
- Part your hair into three equal strands and braid the normal way.
- The right section has to be crossed over the middle section so that the original right section becomes the middle section and then the left section has to be crossed over the middle section so that the original left section becomes the middle section.
- Wrap the finished braid around the covered band as many times as possible.
- Pin it in place with the help of hair pins.
- Keep uniform pressure on your hair throughout the process of braiding in order to maintain the neatness of the braid.
- This hairstyle is great for all formal occasions and can be carried off in great style.
The difficulty level given to this braid is easy. It usually takes 5 to 10 minutes to create this classic hairdo.