Blonde is considered to be one of the most favored shades of hair and can offer many great looks. There are hundreds of shades of blonde hair right from creamy light locks with a tinge of gold to rich honey colored hair with highlights. For most blonde hairstyles the focus should be on selecting the right shade as it tends to make a world of difference to the way you look and feel.
- If you are blessed with naturally blonde hair, you should examine your hair color closely to see if you would like to lighten it or highlight it.
- You need to be extremely careful while selecting a shade for blonde hairstyles, specifically if you have dark hair and are looking to color it. You need to make sure that the shade complements your skin tone rather than making it stand out.
- If one has a very pale skin skin tone it would look even more washed against a bright blonde. On the other hand, darker skin is best complimented by warmer hair colors.
- One can use highlights if they want to create depth and texture in the hair.
Tips for blonde hairstyles
- Natural blonde hair tends to become dark over time.
- Blonde hair color requires a lot of care to keep it from looking dull and brassy.
- Blonde hair shades range from light platinum to dark golden blonde.
- Make sure that the style complements your facial shape to avoid unbalanced emphasis on facial features.
- You should be comfortable in managing the style on daily basis and take care of your hair by getting regular trims and using good hair products to make your hair look its best.
Shades for blonde hairstyles
- Platinum blonde - Pale blond, nearly white
- Ash blonde - usually quite fair, with some grey tones
- Sunny blonde - Very bright, ranging from almost yellow to light yellow.
- Sandy blonde - similar to sand in color
- Golden blonde - lighter, with a gold cast
- Strawberry blonde - reddish blonde
- Bleached blonde - artificially dyed blonde hair
- Zebra blonde - streaked blonde and brunette
- Dirty blonde - dark blonde
- Brownish blonde - darkest shade of blond which sometimes looks light brown and ats other times dark blonde.
Natural Blondes and their tresses:
Natural blonde hair is often thin and delicate because of which long hair looks lifeless. It is necessary to use shampoos that would give volume to the hair to make it look healthy. Short and medium length styles look best in blonde hair because this type of hair is not heavy enough to be weighed down. One can also try layered styles because they eliminate some of the hair’s weight without sacrificing the length.
For fine hair, the best option is to avoid emphasizing on the hair’s lack of volume and instead opt for styles that are closer to the head like ponytails and pigtails for a casual look. Hair accessories also add flair to light hair. You can wear barrettes, head bands, bright clips, ribbons etc. to dress up your blonde tresses.
For Dyed Blondes
People who dye their hair blonde have more hairstyle options as they are not restricted by the fine texture of naturally blonde hair. However, the color treatments necessary to achieve light blonde shades by dyeing can be extreme, and can damage the hair severely. Intense conditioning treatments can help control this damage. Many new blondes like to emphasize their new color and layered styles really help a lot in doing so as they bring out the best in highlights.
Blonde hairstyles not only give a person the desired change in hair color but also have a variety of hairdos to offer. Having a blonde hairstyle is a big change if one is going from dark to light blonde shades. Make sure that one should take the required precautions and are ready to put in the effort necessary to take care of the blonde hairstyle. Going blonde can transform your looks instantly and this is one of the best ways by means of which you can become gorgeous overnight.