Frizzy hair is a royal nuisance and can get in the way of your beauty regime big time. It can be extremely frustrating and annoying at times resulting in excessive hair damage, if left untreated. Curly hair is most prone to developing frizz as it tends to soak moisture leading to the expansion of the cuticle layer. Other causes of frizz include using the blow dryer and other heat products too often, chemically treating the hair and too much exposure to environmental hazards. With our amazing tips on frizz control, you will be able to deal with this problem and revive a lustrous, smooth mane.
Curls and frizz: If you have naturally curly hair, you must be well aware of frizz and its associated annoyance. Using pomade developed especially for curly hair is one of the best ways of getting rid of this problem. These solutions are available at all drugstores and also at salons and are used after washing your hair. Take a dollop of the product and evenly spread it throughout your tresses working your way with your fingers and smooth the curls. It is best to use a product that conditions your tresses rather than drying them.
Damaged hair and frizz control:
Permed and chemically treated hair that has been exposed to bleaches and other chemical treatments is also prone to developing frizz. Constant use of a number of styling products results in drying the tresses making them brittle and frizzy. Using a deep conditioning treatment twice a week helps solve this problem followed by hot oil treatment and regular head massage. To fight the product build-up of styling products, it is recommended that you use a good clarifying shampoo.
Frizz control methods:
- If you have naturally curly hair, avoid straightening your tresses every now and then. This causes a great deal of damage to your hair and increases the frizz.
- Always brush your hair before going to bed.
- It is recommended that you use silicon based products for your hair.
- Avoid using hair brushes to straighten the tangles in your hair. Use a wide tooth comb instead.
- Avoid shampooing your hair on a daily basis as this increases the dryness.
- Use deep conditioning treatment twice a week.