Braiding is an ancient hairstyle that was practiced by ancient Africans. Even today, it is regarded as a great hairstyle and is a rage among youngsters. Almost everyone looks great in braids and can adorn various types of braids to prep up their looks. Braids are also called plaits and can add a spark to your overall personality. Rick-rack braids are specific braids that are formed in a curved design. These braids are done with the help of a Rick-rack ribbon, which has a zigzag shape from which they derive their name. This vintage ribbon is available in a variety of colors and textures.
The Rickrack ribbon can be found in various widths and in a wide range of types. Not only do you have the general flat finish Rick-rack, but also metallic and embroidered Rick-racks. Rick-rack is popular because it is flexible and can be washed. Rick-rack braids look ravishing when done with precision and can spice up your looks.
Steps for creating Rick Rack braids:
- The hair has to be parted at the centre.
- The hair has to be brushed properly and all tangles have to be removed.
- A section of hair has to be taken, big enough to be divided into three strands.
- The section has to be brushed again.
- Start braiding. The right section has to be crossed over the middle section so that the original right section becomes the middle section and then the left section has to be crossed over the middle section so that the original left section becomes the middle section.
- Braiding has to be continued. The hair has to be braided from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- To make sure that the braid stays in place, tie the Rick-rack ribbon around the bottom of the braid.
Rick Rack braids take a long time to do if they are done all over the hair, but if you want lesser number of braids, they shall not take more than fifteen minutes. They are time consuming but easy to make and the finished look that you get is worth the entire wait. People with curly hair will have better Rick-rack braids. All you need for this extremely colorful and funky look are bands and colorful Rick-rack ribbons. Make sure that you choose a Rick-rack ribbon of good quality to get the perfect braids.