Braiding is considered to be one of the oldest hairstyles but is the most magnificent one. In ancient days, it was practiced by the African people in ancient times. Braiding is still very popular in almost all parts of the globe. Most braids are very difficult to create but with regular practice you can create them with ease. Braids tend to look good on everyone and are considered to be one of the most elegant and sophisticated hairstyles. There are various types of braids ranging from three strand braids, four strand braids and five strand braids to twelve strand braids and eight strand braids. The more the number of strands the more difficult it is to braid your hair.
Most braids usually take around fifteen minutes to create but need a lot of practice to be created to perfection. A person with long or medium hair will look gorgeous with braids. You need to master the technique of creating your braids smoothly in order to look neat and well kempt.
Decorated braids are different from the regular three stranded braids because they involve adding ribbons to the braids. They are a new style of braiding that has taken the fashion industry by storm. The thing that makes decorated braids so popular is the gold ribbon. It adds a zing to ordinary three stranded braids. All you need to make decorated braids are small bands and approximately five metres of thin gold colored ribbon.
Steps to make beautiful decorated braids:
- The hair has to be parted at the centre.
- The hair has to be brushed properly and all tangles have to be removed.
- A section of hair has to be taken, big enough to be divided into three strands.
- The section has to be brushed again.
- Start braiding. The right section has to be crossed over the middle section so that the original right section becomes the middle section and then the left section has to be crossed over the middle section so that the original left section becomes the middle section.
- Braiding has to be continued. The hair has to be braided from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- Once you finish braiding cover the braid with a band to that it stays in place. For the decorated part, add some thin gold ribbon to the ends.
- Make similar braids like this all over the head.
The time taken to complete doing decorated braids all over the head depends on the person doing it. Decorated braids are time-consuming, even if the person doing the braids is an expert. They are time-consuming but the difficulty level given to them is easy.
For easier braiding and better braids, just follow the following hair care tips which will make your hair healthy, therefore resulting in beautiful decorated braids .
- You can wet the hair a little bit before braiding hair for a better result.
- Make sure to brush the hair nicely first, as there should be no tangles.
- Do not make very tight braids as it has been proved that popular modern hairstyles which include tight braids can lead to permanent bald patches. If the braids are too tight, they will pull the hair away from the scalp, and hence your hair will either become weak or you will have hair loss.
- It is advised to not comb wet hair. It first has to be dried out and then the tangles have to be removed.
- Never use a hard brush. Your brush should have correctly spaced bristles.
- Never twist or tug at your hair unnecessarily.
- Always brush your hair with before going to bed every night.
- Always make sure that your hair is trimmed regularly. Avoid using hair sprays on a daily basis.
Decorated braids look good on almost everyone. They keep you looking bright and bubbly all the time.