Every individual’s hair is as different as their fingerprints. Hair varies from person to person in terms of color, texture and volume. The various types of hair are normal hair, greasy hair, dry hair and combination hair. Hair is comprised of a strong structure protein called keratin. This is the same protein that makes up the nails and the outer layer of the skin. Proper hair care begins withthe use of the right type of shampoos, conditioners, vitamins and treatments. These products deep clean the hair, moisturize it and provide the essential vitamins and proteins for growth shine, and health. They reduce thinning, prevent brittle and oily hair and control damage from breaking, frizzing, coloring, stress; over heating etc. Hair oil Massage is great for nourishing the roots and combating the affect of harmful chemicals, exposure to pollution, sunlight, radiation etc. It is recommended to treat your hair with hot oil at least twice a week in order to maintain lustrous and healthy locks.
Beautiful hair is the body’s natural fashion accessory. It is an inseparable part of the face and adds to your good looks. Well maintained tresses enhance your personality and indicate your beauty and health. Healthy tresses make you look vibrant and in good shape, whereas dry lusterless tresses make you appear unwell and lifeless. A daily hair care routine and immediate treatment in case of any hair problems are of utmost importance in maintaining the natural density and texture of hair. A gorgeous mane is the outcome of proper hair care regimen that is followed on a regular basis. Any hair care program consists of brushing, shampooing, rinsing, conditioning, trimming, oiling and massaging. A hair oil massage is recommended not only to treat dull, dry hair but also to initiate hair growth and increase the circulation of blood to the scalp.
Benefits of hair oil massage:
- Hair massage is not only miraculous for your hair but also relaxes the body and mind.
- It lubricates and conditions the scalp, thereby preventing a flaky, itchy scalp.
- It helps increase blood circulation to the head and neck and combats stress that tends to block proper circulation.
- It relaxes the scalp and increases softness.
- It strengthens and nourishes the roots and the hair shaft.
- Promotes the growth of new, luxuriant hair.
- It softens and conditions the hair making it more manageable and easy to style.
- It helps increase hair luster and volume.
- Protects the hair from the damaging affects of the sun, pollution and harmful chemicals.
- It replenishes and rejuvenates dry, brittle and damaged hair and fights split ends.
- It promotes sleep at night.
Types of Hair Oil Massage:
Scalp Massage: A scalp massage on a regular basis is a must for healthy, strong and bouncy hair. It helps improve circulation and fights split ends and brittle hair. You can go in for a rubber scalp massage or a finger massage.
Rubber scalp massage: A Rubber scalp massager has a small circular pad with rubber needles protruding out and a handle. Using this massager enables you to massage your scalp without harming the sensitive tissues of the head. A finger massage can be done by using the pads of your finger tips in small circular movements in back or forth motion. A fifteen minute scalp massage with oil twice a week before shampoo must form a part of your hair care program.
Oiling: In order to nourish the roots and give a healthy sheen to the hair, regular oiling is a must. Dry hairis caused by perming, bleaching, color treatments as well as exposure to sun, chlorine, heat styling etc. It tends to benefit from regular application of oil. There is a wide range of oils such as almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil, aloe oil, and walnut oil etc. that can be used for massaging the scalp on a regular basis.